Many of us don’t know Oster was the first mainstream food processor after acquiring Stevens Electric. Since then the name and the reputation precede even today in every household. Even though the band released numerous blender models all these years, the fundamentals remain the same.
Following that today we will talk about how to use Oster blender along with an emphasis on the proper assembly and maintenance at home. If you own a top notch Oster blender, this is going to be your ultimate guide to properly using an Oster blender for years to come.
Without further ado, let’s cut right to the chase.
Table of Contents
- Important Components of Oster Blenders
- Steps To Use Oster Blenders
- The Proper Way To Clean Your Oster Blender
- Pro tips for using Oster Blender
- Final Thoughts
Important Components of Oster Blenders
Before we jump to the part of using Oster blender, it’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the blender components. As we said earlier, despite the several model releases, the key components are almost the same in every model.
This is very helpful for individuals who have already used an Oster blender in the past. That way he doesn’t have to learn from scratch. Here are the components:
- Feeder Cap: This is the topmost part of the blender. The cap covers the hole on the lid and also allows you to put ingredients while blending.
- Main Lid: The large lid on the blender prevents spillage and covers the top opening. You can add bigger or put a lot of ingredients at the same time with this large opening.
- Blender Jar: This large container holds all your blending ingredients. Depending on the model you have your blender jar may be of safety glass or BPA-free plastic material.
- O-Ring: Underneath the jar, you will find a rubber O-ring that acts as a seal. The rubber O-ring sits right between the blade and the jar making a tight seal around the bottom edges.
- Blade: After the O-ring, the next component is the blade itself. It does all the pulverizing of produce, ice, and other ingredients in a matter of seconds.
- Threaded Nut/Skirt: It secures all the components from blade to jar and everything in between. And this also helps make a secure fit on the blender.
- Motor: This special breed of motor is the heart of any Oster blender. It drives the blade efficiently to do all the emulsifying work.
- Control Panel: Here you will find all the buttons and settings beautifully organized for the user. In general, these are the blending options as follows. Low, mid, high, and pulse. Depending on the model, you may have more settings.
There you go all the Oster blender components in a single list. The great thing about this list is no matter what model you have things will be a lot familiar to you. So it won’t be an issue where you have to learn from scratch.
Steps To Use Oster Blenders
Now that you are familiar with all the components, let’s go through the step-by-step process of using Oster blender. The process involves pre-cleaning, assembling, and executing at a certain blending speed.
1st Step: Clean Your Oster Blender Components
Before you make any juice or smoothie, it’s always a good idea to clean the jar, blade, skirt, and O-ring. That way, you could avoid blending in an off-putting smell from the previous blending session.
2nd Step: Putting Ingredients
After cleaning and assembling, it’s time for you to put all your favorite ingredients in the jar. Remember to put liquid at the beginning and solid ingredients at last.
3rd Step: Blend The Ingredients
Make sure you close the lid securely and put on the feeder cap. Now, there are generally three settings to blend such as low, medium, and high. The high blending option gives you the smoothest result and breaks down solid ingredients fast. Lower settings provide puree-like consistency for your drink.
Last Step: Final Check
Check the final consistency of your shake and see if it needs more ingredients. Once everything is in order, turn off the blender and pour on onto your desired container and garnish it for the serving. That’s it.
The Proper Way To Clean Your Oster Blender
Now, there are two ways you can clean your Oster blender for maintenance and get rid of the residual smell.
Clean Components Individually
This is more like a thorough cleaning procedure. You should resort to this method at least twice a week assuming you use your blender every day. This is also great for getting rid of the strong smell completely. Just put all the components in the dishwasher and dry them properly.
Dish soap and warm water
The dish soap method is a quick fix for your next blending session. Fill half of your blender jar with lukewarm water and put a few drops of dish soap. There should be a cleaning option on the control panel; press it for at least 30 sec. Finally, rinse thoroughly to clean the foam.
Pro tips for using Oster Blender
Even though a blender isn’t a much-sophisticated machine, it does require some precaution to use it properly. Following general safety and manufacturer instructions will only make your blender last longer and get the best out of your appliances.
Here are some tips and best practices for using the Oster blender safely:
- Never wash or immerse the moto base in the water. The same goes for the cord and the plug of the Oster blender. Only wash the container, lid, feeder cap, jar nut, and blade if you have to clean.
- Do not place the blender over or near hot surfaces. It could be a stove, oven, or any other appliance that emits heat. You should also be careful of your cord touching or hanging over hazardous places.
- It is never a good idea to leave your Oster blender unattended. Be Sure To unplug the cord from the outlet before leaving. This is also helpful when assembling blender components so any accidental trigger won't turn on the blade.
- Never let children operate the Oster blender as it is a pretty powerful electrical appliance. If you want to teach your children how to operate a blender, maintain close supervision to avoid any unfortunate incidents.
- When operating an Oster blender, never put your hands in the jar even if it's in the off position. It is also inadvisable to any utensil in the jar that will severely damage the blade. You can use a rubber spatula to mix contents in the jar after unplugging the blender.
- Never leave the blender blade in an open place. Always keep it attached to the jar or cover the blade with something, so it doesn't come in contact easily.
- You don’t need to sharpen the blender blade with anything. Look for specific instructions in the manual when you feel the blade’s sharpness has degraded.
- Do not blend with boiling water. If you must put hot water, leave the feeder cap open so the steam can escape.
- Try to place the Oster blender on a flat surface for efficient blending operation.
- Always put some liquid first before blending solid stuff. And use the pulse function to efficiently break them down for continuous blending.
Many of us don’t realize that there is both a right and wrong way to use your blender. While the right way will reward you with better results, the wrong way may cost the efficiency and life span of any blender. Hope this article sheds some light on how to use Oster blender like a pro and get the most out of your blender.