Blender bottles are super handy; you can make delicious drinks anytime, anywhere. Well, if it doesn’t, please your mind, I don’t know what will!
But yes, the maintenance of a shaker cup is tricky. When you skip proper cleaning, it becomes a health hazard. And I don’t even want to start with the foul odors!
Therefore, before committing to this thing, you need to learn how to clean blender bottle. Otherwise, you will never enjoy drinking on it!
However, I can’t let that happen to you, thus, prepared this article with all the tips and ways. So let’s get started, shall we?
Table of Contents
- 2 Ways To Clean A Blender Bottle
- How To Remove Bad Odors from your Blender Bottle
- Tips for Maintaining Blender Bottles Properly
- The Bottom Line
2 Ways To Clean A Blender Bottle
It’s time for me to introduce you to every method of how to clean a blender bottle. Once you start practicing these, you won’t have to look back ever again!
#1. Use Soap and Water
Yes, I know it’s the most common method, but still, the best way to clean a blender. So let’ start with this basic procedure.
Step One: Pour the Soapy Water
First of all, make a solution of mild dish detergent and water. When the mixture bubbles up, pour it into the cup. Make sure that the liquid reached every corner.
Step Two: Give it a Shake
Now shake the bottle thoroughly to clean all the gunks. Then pause for a while before opening the lid.
Final Step: Rinse it Well
Empty the shaker cup into the sink and fill the cup with water. To get rid of the soap, you should rinse it a few times to wash it thoroughly.
And don’t close the lid because you would want it to get fully dry before using it again.
#2. Clean with Mouthwash
Mouthwashes are excellent for preventing bacterial infestation terrible odor. Yes, it sounds like a far-fetched idea, but it’s incredibly effective.
Step One: Get some Mouthwash
Firstly, fill your shaker cup with at least ½ of it with your mouth wash. You can also use a little bit of water if you want.
Step Two: Mix thoroughly
Now close the lid and keep shaking until it is bubbly. Keep doing this for a few minutes and make sure the liquid is touching all the corners.
Step Three: Let it Rest
When you are done with shaking, let the cup sit aside for a while. In this way, the solution will soak all the bad odor and dirt properly.
Final Step: Rinse the Whole thing
Take the cup to your sink and wash everything under running water. And after that, let it dry well so you can use it again later.
How To Remove Bad Odors from your Blender Bottle
If you don’t take care of your blender bottles properly, there will be a bad smell all over them. Everything you try to make will turn out to be pungent when it happens, and you don’t want that.
So here is the best way to clean blender bottle when it’s smelly!
Things you will need:
- Warm water
- Baking soda
Step One: Make the Solution
At first, pour 1/3 of the cup with vinegar and take some warm water to fill the rest. Then add the baking soda to it and close the lid. However, make sure the water is a bit warm, not scorching hot!
Step Two: Stir the mixture
Shake the mixture for a few seconds and then, let it sit aside. After a while, open the lid of your bottle and keep it in that way overnight.
Step Three: Wash it
In the morning, clean the cup with soapy water and rinse it thoroughly. There will be no smell left, trust me!
Well, if you think this vinegar-baking soda method is a bit complicated and time-consuming, here are some other methods you can try.
- Put some damp coffee into the bottle and close the lid for several hours or overnight. This process is effective when the smell is not that bad.
- Take a piece of newspaper and sprinkle some water on it. Then pour a few drops of vanilla extract on a paper towel and make a ball with it. After that, wrap the newspaper around it and put it into the blender bottle for a few hours.
So if you are wondering how to clean smelly protein shakers, you can try all these methods for a better experience.
Tips for Maintaining Blender Bottles Properly
Here are some regular maintenance tips for you to keep the shakers in their top-notch condition.
- While washing the bottles, never forget about the lids. The covers will always have some dried shakes and smoothies, so always clean them.
- You should clean your shaker cup after every use. It is the most effective way to maintain better hygiene and prevent odor build-up.
- When you are done with the rinsing, keep the lid open. In this way, the cup will be fully fried till you use it next time.
- Never use hot water to wash your cups; it’s not safe for their construction.
- Always use a mild detergent while cleaning your cup. And make sure that the soapy liquid is touching every corner!
The Bottom Line
Now you can see that the lesson of how to clean blender bottle is not complicated at all! In the beginning, it may feel a little tricky, but you will soon realize that it’s a thing that can be done in minutes!
However, you should always keep doing regular maintenance to prevent diseases. So for a healthy lifestyle, don’t forget to wash your bottle just the way I suggested!
Read Related Posts: